Thursday, July 29, 2010

This One time, at Band Camp...



...Matthew got stomach bug and I pretended to get one. Quite honestly, it was really hot (the heat makes me queasy) and I just wasn't feeling band camp that day. It took me almost this long to admit I wasn't really sick to him. Let me tell you something though, it was the best thing I ever did. After 2 years of knowing him, I finally realized what an amazing guy Matthew is. We spent the rest of the week together whenever we could be. Then, the Saturday following band camp, July 29,2000, we went on our first date. Ten years ago, he kissed me for the first time (what a memorable kiss it was!) and I knew that, at 17, I had found the man I would marry.

Before that fateful week, Matthew was my "go-to guy" when it came to boy problems. He was always so wonderful, listening to me, giving me advice, setting me up with all his friends. Deep down he was thinking "Hello, stupid, I'm right here. I won't EVER treat you like those buffoons treat you." Thank goodness he was patient and waited for me. I don't know, nor do I care to, what my life would be like.

That man is my best friend. He is the person I go to about everything. The shoulder I cry on, the man who makes me laugh when I truly don't feel like laughing. I would be lost without him. I don't make loving me easy, but he does it. I don't know how, but I do know I'm the luckiest woman in the world.

So, my love, to you I say: THANK YOU...for loving me...for putting up with me...for giving me this incredible life...for giving me our beautiful daughter.

Love just doesn't seem like a strong enough word to describe how I feel about you.

I ADORE you, Stinky Pete.


2 comments:

  1. aw this is so sweet! kinda sounds like a story i know all too well...:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle GreenwoodJuly 29, 2010 at 10:49 AM

    Aww, your very lucky! Also your a very good writer!

    ReplyDelete